DAILY CHECK-INS:0/5 completed
* TimesPoints expire in 1 year from the day of credit
legend Balbir Singh Senior has suffered two more cardiac arrests and he continues to be critical, his maternal grandson Kabir said, giving an update on his health condition on Thursday.
The triple Olympic medallist had suffered a cardiac arrest on Tuesday morning as well and has been on ventilator support since then.
“Nana ji suffered two more cardiac arrests yesterday. His condition has not deteriorated since then but continues to be very critical and on ventilator assistance,” said Kabir.
Kabir further said that Sr is still in ICU of the hospital where doctors are continuously assessing his condition.
The 96-year-old was hospitalised on Friday evening with high fever.
In January last year, he was discharged from PGIMER, Chandigarh after spending 108 days in the hospital, where he underwent treatment for bronchial pneumonia.
more from times of indiaSports
- Amiya Mallick hopes to make every Indian proud at Olympics14 May, 2020, 1237 hrs IST02:32
- Olympic medallist Miyake turns to delivery boy for fitness, money14 May, 2020, 1109 hrs IST01:16
- Top five highest-paid footballers in the world13 May, 2020, 1921 hrs IST02:19
- Instant hits: TOI’s fantasy Indian T20I XI12 May, 2020, 1641 hrs IST02:11
- Representing my country at the Olympics is my goal: Sonia Lather11 May, 2020, 1855 hrs IST01:23
- Live sporting events in the times of COVID-1911 May, 2020, 1718 hrs IST02:11
- Watching my old videos to prepare for Olympics: Manish7 May, 2020, 2036 hrs IST01:54
- No sweat and saliva rule will benefit batsmen: Varun Aaron6 May, 2020, 2057 hrs IST06:40
- Golfers will be okay with slashed prize money: Shubhankar Sharma6 May, 2020, 1426 hrs IST05:28
- Dhawan has a doppelganger who calls him ‘God’5 May, 2020, 1228 hrs IST04:00
Prepared detailed plan for senior men, women teams’ competitions ahead of Olympics: Hockey India
how to protect pregnant women and the newborns from flu-like symptoms: doctor’s opinion
Allow individual training in small groups: Hockey players’ suggestion to Sports Minister
Successfully logged in to The Times Of India, Enjoy reading…